We found these cute felt hearts at Micheals craft store is a neat set and I pulled out some Valentine Dove chocolates and candy kisses for some additional cuteness.
Photography by: http://effervescentmediaworks.com
Photography by Effervescent Media Works
This was shot inside my basement home studio a few years ago. A temporary setting for many shoots that I did but it worked just great for what I needed.
For the backdrop I used the following:
- Silver Linings Backdrop Shoppe : http://www.silverliningphotodrops.com/Damask_Swirls_Patterns.php
- A large old branch I found in my neighborhood (twice a year there are clean up weeks where people leave piles of yard waste and junk they want to get rid of) Score! Trash to treasure
- 2 deep red felt sheets for cutting out hearts ranging from 3 in - 5 inches in length
- Light brown yarn or string
- Scissors for cutting string and cutting small holes to tie it all together
- 1 MDF base moulding (baseboard) from Home Depot
- Floor backdrop: http://www.backdropshoppe.com/Floors_c2.htm
I found this cute vintage bike from here. I love this prop for photo shoots when photographing children as it is something they are generally excited about and love to be proudly sitting on it and that usually captures a smile in and of itself. Radio Flyer bikes are not gone! They are still around. For other cute props ideas that will help make kids smile in a photo shoot check out this page.Photo Credit: Diana Clements
I love the ivory and red rose barrette on her head! I got it from Lulu's boutique at Gardner Village.
Pearls and hearts, love and kisses... Girls just wanna have fun! The wood heart I made by hand using:
- 1x12x12 sawdust wood board
- small hand saw
- deep red acrylic paint
If I were to do it again I would have used a table saw. I do like to cut through wood but this was like filling a bucket with a eyedropper. It taught me a little patience...
Me (below) about 61/2 months preggers.
Photo Credit: Diana Clements
Do you like to photograph your children for Valentines? I find that ALL the time stuck indoors with the yucky weather, it is a perfect indoor winter activity, especially for kiddos that love dressing up.
If you or someone you know has cute headbands, barrettes and accessories for babies and toddlers comment below and link on to them or message and we can chat about promoting your work! I am happy to feature other artists work.